Last Updated: January 11, 2018
, owned and operated by UGG Technologies, LLC. (sometimes referred to as “Company”), and any Company affiliate or subsidiary online interface that links to this Policy, (each, a “Site,” and collectively, the “Sites”). This Policy describes how Company collects and uses the personal information that you provide. It also describes the choices available to you regarding the use of, your access to, and how to update and correct your personal information.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
Public Information – You may visit the Site anonymously. During your visit, we may collect information that is not personally identifiable such as your IP address, site usage and purchase behavior, browser type, browser activity, and browser settings.
Private Information – We may collect information about you to provide you with the services that you request. The information we collect may include but is not limited to name, email address, mailing address, phone number and banking/credit card information.
Note: You can visit our Site and learn about the services we provide without providing personal information. You do need to provide personal information, however, to sell, bid on or purchase items, and to participate in any user forums or other interactive portions of the Site that may be available.
Sample Instances of Collection of Information
1. Registration and Site Activity Information . Our Site's registration process requires users to provide us valid and accurate contact information which may include name, address, phone number, birth date and email address (collectively, “Registration Information”). In order to sell any goods on the Site, you will be required to enter credit card information at the time of registration, and the card may be verified by authorizing a small amount through the credit card processing networks.
In certain circumstances your registration information may be verified through so-called “credit header” information. You may be required to answer a multiple-choice questionnaire compiled from information managed by consumer and business information sources. These questions can include elements from your financial history. This is done as an identity verification and fraud prevention measure. This verification service is provided by a third party, and we do not collect or store any personal information from this process. All we receive is an indication of how many questions you answered successfully.
We collect certain information submitted during transactions on the Site based on your activities, including bidding, buying and selling, and other information you provide in connection with buying or selling an item (collectively, “Site Activity Information”).We may also collect certain personal information that you provide through message board discussions, chats, correspondence or dispute resolution.
Registration Information, Site Activity Information and other personal information that you provide may be used in the following ways:
• For fraud protection at the time of registration;
• To send you transaction-related notifications about transactions you carry out on the Site;
• If and when you bid on an item, to share your name, address, telephone number, email address and bid information with the seller to facilitate the transaction;
• If and when you list an item for sale, to share your contact information, including name, address, email address, telephone number and item detail, with bidders to facilitate the transaction;
• To perform our billing, administration and collections functions (and to contact you when necessary about these functions);
• To report information about your account, including late payments, missed payments or other delinquencies or defaults on your accounts, to credit reporting bureaus;
• To better understand your interests and for other marketing-related initiatives;
• To communicate with you and carry out actions requested by you, including promotional messages (some of which may be related to your transactions on the Site); and
• When facilitating the investigation of fraud or illegal activity, to share information with law enforcement or other governmental agencies or authorized third parties when requested pursuant to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose you, us or another Site user to legal liability.
1. Financial Information. If you list items on the Site, we collect financial information including bank account and/or credit card number, expiration date, card security code and billing address. Financial information is used to bill you for transactions you carry out on the Site and to collect on fees and debts incurred through the use of the Site. If your account is past due and collection must be pursued, your contact and financial information may be shared with collection agents and/or credit reporting agencies. We share financial information with non-affiliated third parties to facilitate the completion of transactions on the Site as specified above, to respond to subpoenas, for other legal compliance purposes, and for billing and collections.
1. Information Requests. We may ask you to provide personal information in order to allow us to respond to your requests for information or other requests made over the Site.
1. Public Forums. The Site contains various forums where users may interact with one another. Please note that any personal information that you share on the forums such as Groups, Classifieds or Auction are viewable by other users.
1. Social Media. We allow you to link our Site with your social media accounts. We may collect your user name and other information you transmit to us over social media platforms such as Facebook® or Twitter® when you interact with UGG’s specific page or social media account. We use the information you provide on social media to respond to your requests or questions, to improve our services, and for other purposes as disclosed at the time of the interaction.
1. Emails from UnitedGunGroup.com, FreedomTV.com Most email messages generated by the Site result directly from the user's actions (such as registration information or the user’s choice to subscribe to certain communications), or as necessary to inform you of changes to the Site or events related to the Site, or changes to the Site rules or policies. Other e-mail messages may result from marketing initiatives on the Site; however, users may opt-out of receiving marketing messages, not out of transaction activity on the site.
Emails from our Site may contain web beacons or “clear .gifs.” These are small graphic images that can be used for recording when an email has been opened in order to track the performance of email marketing campaigns. We and our third party service providers currently log responses from web beacons, but this information is not stored or linked to your personal information in our systems.
• Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
• Keep track of advertisements.
• Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled.
1. Mobile Devices. In addition to the information described above, we and our third-party service providers may collect additional information when you utilize any of our mobile applications, including the type of mobile device you use, the temporary or persistent unique device identifiers (sometimes called UDID), the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use our mobile applications.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION SECURITY:
To protect Personal Information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with applicable federal and state laws. These measures may include device safeguards and secured files and buildings as well as oversight of our third party service providers to ensure information remains confidential and secure. While we follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us (both during and once we receive it), no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
• We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
• We use encryption to protect your information contained in our customer list.
• We use a firewall to protect against unlawful intrusion.
• We limit access to your information on a “need to know” basis.
HOW THE COLLECTED INFORMATION IS USED/SHARED:
We do not sell or rent your personal information collected on the Site to non-affiliated third parties unless you have opted in to such sharing. However, we may share your personal information submitted at the Site among other members of our affiliated group of companies, who may use that information only to the extent consistent with the policies described in this Policy. For a list of affiliated companies, please contact us at the address listed below under “Contact Us.”
We hire contractors to provide certain services on our behalf, including trend and statistical analysis, marketing campaigns, information processing and storage, and development of new products and services. As part of their services to us, these contractors may have access to some or all of the data that we maintain, including transaction data and your personal information, but they are always required to maintain the confidentiality of information they receive from us and are restricted from using the information for any purposes other than those authorized by us.
We do not share your personal information with any third parties for such third parties’ marketing purposes, unless you have opted into such sharing.
Specific Use of Information
Public Information – We may use anonymous information that we collect about your visit to enhance the operation of the Site. For example, we use anonymous information to make the website more navigable. We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us to better understand our site visitors and to help us tailor the website function accordingly.
Private Information – We use the personal data you submit to provide you with the services you request. We may use this information to personalize your site experience. We may share your personal information as may be required by law or court order or with a law-enforcement or other government agency in connection with a criminal investigation, fraud prevention or other legal action if we reasonably believe it is necessary to do so to protect us, our customers or the public. We may also use your personal data to verify whether you are an FFL holder.
Email Information – When you become a member of and opt-in to the site, you will automatically be registered to receive promotional offers and updates via email from UGG Technologies, LLC and affiliates.
Other Sharing of Information
• With other users when you send them messages, including your username, profile and the contents of the message/Chat you send them;
• When you add your friends, your username and profile will be shared with such users;
• With users and others who view your profile, which includes your username, and a list of the friends you exchange messages with. Similarly, your username may appear in the lists of others who engage with you using our Services;
• With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
• In response to legal process or a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, rule, or regulation, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
• In order to investigate or remedy potential violations of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of the Site, our users or others;
• In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
• With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Linking to other sites
We may provide links to third party sites. If you follow links to sites not affiliated or controlled by us, you should review their privacy and security policies and other terms and conditions, as they may be different from those of our Sites. We do not guarantee and are not responsible for the privacy or security of these sites, including the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of their information.
Making sure information is accurate
Keeping your information accurate and up to date is very important. If your information is incomplete, inaccurate or not current, please email or write to us at the appropriate address for changes listed on your service materials as provided by us.
In the event that we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via prominent notice on our website for 30 days of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
California Do Not Track Disclosures
How do we respond to Web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services?
May other parties collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different websites when they visit www.freedomTV.com?
Notice to California Residents
In response to a California law, we will automatically treat accounts with California billing addresses as if you requested us to not share your information with nonaffiliated third parties except as permitted by the applicable California law. We will also limit the sharing of information about you with our affiliates to comply with California privacy laws that apply to us.
Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third-parties to which this website has disclosed certain information during the preceding year for those third-parties' direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all requests, you must put the statement "California Shine the Light Privacy Request" in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. Please note that we are not responsible for requests that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
Notice to Vermont Residents
In response to Vermont regulations, we automatically treat accounts with Vermont billing addresses as if you requested that we not share your information with nonaffiliated third parties, and that we limit the information we share with our affiliates. If we disclose information about you to nonaffiliated third parties with whom we have joint marketing agreements, we will only disclose your name, address, other contact information, and information about our transaction and experiences with you.
Notice to Nevada Residents
We are providing you this notice pursuant to state law. You may be placed on our internal Do Not Call List by following the directions set forth above. Nevada law requires that we also provide you with the following contact information: Bureau of Consumer Protection, Office of the Nevada Attorney General, 555 E. Washington St., Suite 3900, Las Vegas, NV 89101; Phone number: 702-486-3132; e-mail: BCPINFO@ag.state.nv.us.
Notice to Users Outside of the United States
OPT-OUT AND CAN-SPAM ACT:
When you become a Member, you will automatically be registered to receive promotional offers and updates, via e-mails, from us and from the Network Sites and other associated e-mail brands.
Additionally, when you become a Member, you will be provided with the opportunity to receive promotional offers, via e-mails, from partners of ours. While some of these opportunities will only be sent to you if you expressly request them, others may be sent to you unless you elect not to receive them. Accordingly, please review these offers carefully.
Members may, at any time, choose not to receive promotional e-mails from the Site, the Network Sites or partners of ours by following the “unsubscribe” instructions in the applicable e-mail. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may continue to contact Members for the purpose of communicating information about their membership with us to Members, or similar information relating to us, the Site or your membership, as well as to facilitate, complete or confirm any transaction that Members’ enter into or in response to or fulfillment of Members’ inquiries or requests.
Note that unsubscribing from one e-mail list does not automatically unsubscribe you from any other e-mail list that you may be on. Please read the e-mail carefully to find out which list you are unsubscribing from.
To operate the Site, including processing your transactions and supporting your activities on the Site, we may share your personal information with our agents, representatives, contractors and service providers so they can provide us with support services such as email origination, receipt or support services, customer relationship management services and sweepstakes and promotional fulfillment.
To enhance your experience as a Site member, we send out message notifications, newsletters and site announcements, and from time to time third party offers from companies that we feel may have something that will benefit you. Our site provides you with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving different types of communications (except system communications, or communications required for account maintenance), and each email that we send out has a method for opting-out located at the bottom of the message.
We may, from time to time, amend this Policy, in whole or part, in its sole discretion. Any changes to this Policy will be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised policy.